Natalie Stovall - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas



I am writing this blog post way before in October.  But I am scheduling it to be posted on Christmas Day. So....

to all beings, everywhere.

Have a great day with a lot of soul.  I know that you have enjoyed all those great, colorful decorations all over town.  Every year they get better and brighter and more beautiful.

And if your journey leaves you alone today.  Well hello, kindred spirit.  No matter how many people surround me it seems like the holidays are always mine alone.  The best way to cure the sadness (if you have it).  Well, buy a little special something to put on the table in the morning. I am thinking my very favorite combination of:
a glass of  milk
a nice sweet orange cut into circles ( ask your fruit person to choose one for you if you don't know how)
AND
a great fresh chocolatine.  Yeh, I am talking chocolate danish, french style.  (or something to that effect).

Aside:
I took this cure for years after I had it at a wonderful pastry shop on St. Denis street.  It's now a dinner place but for years and years, they served really delectable French pastries.  They had a terrace outside and on really hot summer days I went there for the greatest lemon sherbert (fresh made) you could ever have.

But getting back to the cure for a solitary Christmas morning, the chocolatine is still around. Boulangerie Guillaume has those too.  But you should taste their Ecoliers. OUt of this world.
Remember I am writing this in October. It's going to be a delicious dilemma to look forward to.

If this doesn't work. .... then wrap some presents for yourself before the day.  I am really poor so once in a while I wrap everything that I get (almost) since the beginning of December.

And if neither of these is suitable then I have the super-duper cure that works for me every time.  We are talking desperate measures.  Spend a lot of money and get really dressed up and go out for a Christmas brunch at a high-end hotel (yes they are open).  You will find out that you spent too much money to waste it being depressed.

So again, Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas Day (with or without anyone else).  Kiss your children, kiss your husband or wife, kiss yourself, kiss your cat.  Or just be happy and at peace.

Love,

K.V.



Comments