A classical and literary background (and a mad musical one)

I never had money for record albums.  I never had anyone to clarify what the lyrics meant.  I also never read about the minds behind the music. I had another interest when it came to literature. Mostly I was an avid reader prone to reading books gotten from the library.  I would use two libraries: the public library in the Cote St. Luc shopping center and the school library. Many times I would stay after class to read in the school library.

Often these books were chosen for me. II got to be an excellent reader and in elementary school, I was finally put in a group with other children who were unusually prolific readers.  This was in my last year of elementary school.  My last year of elementary school was in Wentworth school.

That was the year that the school Royal Vale opened.  Royal Vale Academy was going to break new ground.  It would take the most gifted children in our school and they would actually be taught almost only in French.  Since I was not with the parental support necessary to go to that school (which was very far away), I was given a stroke of good fortune.  From the children that were left in Wentworth School the most promising were selected to go into classes designed for the brighter children. In these classes, the curriculum would be aimed to cater to brighter children.  And I was one of the children that were selected to go into these classes.

To go back to my musical backround , Actually, to clarify I heard music from the mass media played repeatedly. If you listen to music radio, often the formula is to repeat a few songs many times.  Mostly these are the songs in the TOP 40 charts. In the periods of my life when my feelings where intense these songs have made a lasting impression.  But since I had no background knowledge of what these musicians were talking about I made up my own stories behind the songs.  Often they were completely different that what the musicians final version of the music was about.
Since I was isolated and alone and young, I had sometimes participated in the reasearch behind the creation of songs.  My input was used in a mercenary manner and I suppose that is when I did not have anybody warn me even of the actual meanings of the song.  In other words, I could used, with my thoughts kept in my own world, to add authencity to other similar projects.

These musical abductions have continued throughout my life and have stopped so recently I wonder if they are actually totally stopped. I greatly dislike them and resent them since I have also lived my life in the most abject poverty. And still do. I grealy dislike this.  Imagine that these songs had great multimillion dollar budgets.  The actuallness of my poverty is very evident to me.  Is the contempt that I am held in by many very famous people.  And they are also a lot wealthier.  though have to tell you some still call themselves poor like me.  I sincerely doubt that they are. I find myself sheltered by an extreme austere religious order that disapproves of almost everything that has brought me comfort.  One is material possesions.  For this reason I grimly fight to combat poverty. I am very well aware of my unfortunate sitation.  I am sheltered by a very powerful group of people with an attitude towards clothing and design that I diametrically opposed to.  For my enemies who have used me a lifetime, this is probably a great turn on . this rankles very much. And if you want have an enemy then violently assault me.  this is what I think of that aspect of austere religious orders.

Comments